1 medium chicken cleaned
1 inch piece raw papaya.
1 inch piece ginger
1 large cup sour curds
5 green chilies
5 flakes garlic
Each of Garam masala and ground cumin seeds 1 tsp
1 small onion
150 grams melted butter
A few drops orange red color
Salt to taste.
1. Grind onion, ginger and garlic and papaya to a very smooth paste.
2. Beat the curds nicely with butter and then stir in the ground paste, spices.
3. Salt and enough color to give the mixture a deep orange color.
4. Make deep slits on the chicken with the help of a knife.
5. Rub the mixture thoroughly inside and out. Set it aside for about 10 hours.
6. Then thread the chicken on a skewer and put it into the tandoor.
7. Then fry till done in butter and return to tandoor for 3 to 4 minutes before serving.
8. Garnish with raw onion rings, rings of lime and serve with green chutney.