Punjabi Spicy Chicken Curry
1kg Chicken pieces.
1 cup Yogurt. (Curd)
3 Thinly sliced onion.
1 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste.
1 tsp Green Chili paste.
1 tsp Coriander powder.
2 tbsp Green coriander leaves.
1/2 cup tomato puree.
2 tsp Red chili powder.
1 tsp Turmeric Powder.
1 tsp Cumin Powder. (Preferably Roasted)
2 tsp Gram Masala.
4 tbsp Oil.
Salt. (As per taste)
1. Chop chicken in medium pieces.
2. Add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, tomato puree, green chili paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, Gram masala, coriander powder and salt to the chopped chicken pieces. Mix it thoroughly.
3. Marinate the chicken for 3-4hrs. (2-3hrs is acceptable)
4. Heat the oil.
5. Add onions and fry them till they turn golden brown. (On a medium flame)
6. Add the marinated chicken and cook for 10mins. (Keep stirring constantly for 5 minis)
7. Add 1 cup of water and some salt to it. Mix it well. (Keep stirring constantly for 5 mins)
8. Cover the pan with a lid and allow the chicken to cook for 15mins or more if required. (On a medium flame)
9. Once the chicken is nicely cooked turn off the gas. Keep the pan covered for another 10mins and allow the gravy to settle.
10. Garnish it with coriander and serve hot.