2-2.5 pounds of chicken cut into pieces
3 tbsp of pepper powder
3-4 flakes of garlic paste
A small piece of ginger paste
Some dry coconut
A few sticks of cinnamon.
A few cardamom seeds
2 small tomatoes
2-3 tsp coriander powder
2 Medium onions
1 tsp chili powder
A little turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds powder Coriander leaves to garnish
Salt to taste
1. Smear 2 tbsp of pepper powder and salt on the chicken pieces.
2. Pierce the chicken pieces with a fork and let the chicken marinate for a few hours.
3. Heat some butter (you can also use oil!)in a pan and fry the chicken pieces one by one.
4. Not deep fry, just like frying onions. Keep the fried chicken pieces aside.
5. In the same oil (butter) you used to fry the chicken, now fry the sliced onions, cardamom, ginger, garlic, cloves and cinnamon.
6. When the onions are brown, add the coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric, cumin powder and fry for 1½ minutes.
Add the coconut and tomatoes and keep frying. Do not add water.
7. Now add the remaining pepper powder (around 1 tbsp) and fry for a minute.
8. Now add water, enough to get a thick paste. Drop the fried chicken pieces into the gravy and you can add water to make it into thin gravy.
9. Add salt to taste. Boil for 10 minutes, till chicken is well mixed with the pepper masala. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Eat hot with rice and enjoy.