2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons ghee
8 chicken legs
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
5 cloves of garlic , minced
1-2 chopped onion fine
2 tablespoons ginger
1tomato small , cut in pieces
1 tablespoon paste of tomato
1 tablespoon Garam masala
1 tablespoon powdered turmeric
1-2 green chili, deseeded and chopped
1 cup water
1. Clean chicken with skin removed.
2. In a Dutch oven pot heat 2 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp ghee on medium heat, add cumin seeds.
3. Wait for the cumin to start to turn color, then add chopped onions, and sauté for approx 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chopped onions are browned.
4. Add paste of tomato, minced tomatoes, turmeric, Garam masala, green chili, and about 1 cup of water.
5. Cook mixture for approx 5 minutes.
6. Add chicken and mix well.
7. Cover and cook on low to medium-low heat for about 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
8. Gravy should not be watery; should be thicker gravy, like a stew. Add coriander for garnish.