600 gms Chicken
3 Garlic flakes
10 gms Coriander leaves
10 gms Mint leaves
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Coconut paste
2 tbsp Lemon juice
2 Cups parboiled rice
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
2. Add salt, cardamom and cinnamon.
3. Grind ginger and garlic to make a paste.
4. Mix the paste with coriander and mint leaves.
5. Add coconut, cardamom paste, lemon juice and black pepper.
6. Mix it well. Now add red chili powder, coriander powder and salt.
7. Cut chicken into pieces. Marinate the chicken in this mixture.
8. Heat the oil and fry the chopped onions.
9. Add marinated chicken pieces.
10. Cook over medium flame till done.
11. Prepare a bed of parboiled rice in a pot.
12. Sprinkle the fried onions.
13. Put chicken pieces and cover it with rice.
14. Cover it properly and cook for 10 minutes.