Chicken pieces - 1 kg
Tomato (chopped) - 3
Pepper - ½ tsp
Fennel seeds - ½ tsp
Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
Red Chilly - 10
Ginger - 1 piece
Garlic - 2 bulbs
Cinnamon - 1 piece
Sliced Shallot - 1 cup
Green chilly (chopped) – 4 & Cloves-4
Coconut oil - ½ cup
Salt, Curry leaves - As required
1. Grind pepper, fennel seeds, turmeric powder, red chili, garlic, garlic cloves, and cinnamon.
2. Heat oil in a kadai.
3. Sauté shallot, green chilly until it turns lightly brown.
Add the grinded mixture, tomato and sauté well till the tomatoes are half done.
4. Add chicken pieces and salt.
5. Add water and allow cooking for 20-30 minutes or till the chicken is done.
6. Cook on a low flame to make it dry.