2 tablespoons dry sherry
4 green (spring) onions, chopped
1 piece of root ginger, shredded
500g (1 pound) boned chicken, cut into 1 inch strips
2 celery sticks, sliced
125g (4oz) button mushrooms, quartered
1 green pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
Shredded rind of 2 lemons
A few lemon slices to garnish
2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
1. Put the sherry, spring onions and ginger in a bowl. Add the chicken, toss well to coat, then leave to marinate in the bowl for 15 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan.
3. Add the celery, mushrooms, and the green pepper. For one minute, stir fry.
4. Add the chicken and marinade, and then cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the Soy Sauce and lemon rind then cook for a further minute.
5. Pile into a warmed serving dish and garnish with lemon slices.