1 1/2 pounds chicken thigh meat
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup light soy sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons good bourbon whiskey
2 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste (up to 4 tablespoons if desired)
1 green onion, washed and cut into thirds
2 slices ginger
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. Place the chicken thighs in a shallow in a baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
2. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Turn the thighs occasionally to make sure they are entirely coated in the marinade.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit .
5. Bake the chicken, uncovered, with the marinade, for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting occasionally, until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced in the thickest part of the thigh, or a meat thermometer reads at least 170 degrees Fahrenheit in the same part of the thigh.
6. Serve hot.