large chicken breast half boned and skinned
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup whole blanched almonds
2 tablespoons sherry
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
6 ounce package frozen snow peas thawed
2 tablespoons sliced green onions
1. Cut chicken into 3/4 inch cubes.
2. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in the wok over medium high heat.
4. Add almonds and toss until browned about 5 minutes.
5. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
6. Add chicken to wok and toss 3 minutes.
7. In small bowl mix sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and ginger.
8. Stir into chicken then cook and stir until thickened.
9. Stir in snow peas, onion and reserved almonds.
10. Heat through then serve with hot steamed rice.