chicken- 1/2 kg
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tspn
Chill powder- 1/2 tspn
Coriander powder- 1/2 tspn
Mustard seeds-1/2 tspn
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tspn
Fennel seeds- 1/2 tspn
Oil and Salt- as required
Roast and Make a paste of
Red Chilies- 5
Coriander seeds-2 spoon
Ginger- 1 inch
Garlic- 7 (small)
Cinnamon- 2 inch
Peppercorns- 1 tspn
Grated coconut- 4 spoon
Curry leaves- few
1. Marinate the Chicken in Turmeric powder and Salt keep aside for five minutes.
2. Roast the Red chilies, Coriander seeds, Ginger, Garlic, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Peppercorns, Cloves, Curry leaves and Grated coconut in a pan with a little Oil. Wet grind to a fine paste.
3. Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Fennel seeds. Once it splutters add Onion and fry till it becomes golden brown in color.
4. Add tomatoes and fry till it becomes soft.
5. Add Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, Chill powder and fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Add the finely ground paste and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Finally add the marinated Chicken, Salt and water.
8. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes or till the chicken pieces are cooked.
9. Garnish with fired Curry leaves and Coriander leaves.