500 gms of boneless chicken cut into strips
1 inch ginger
3-4 cloves garlic
2 inch piece chopped lemon grass stalk
3 tbsps sesame oil
3 cups of chicken stock
2 sliced red chilies
1 tsp curry powder
100 gms snow peas
black pepper powder to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ cup coconut milk
1 cup boiled noodles
2-3 shredded spring onions
1 medium-sized sliced cucumber
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
half a lemon
1.Grind the ginger, garlic, shallots and lemon grass to a paste.
2. Heat two tablespoons of sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok and cook the chicken over high heat, until it turns golden brown. Drain it on absorbent paper.
3. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil; add the ground paste and saute till fragrant.
4. Add the chicken stock, red chilies and mix.
5. Add the curry powder and snow peas, salt and pepper powder and mix again.
6. Stir in the lemon juice and coconut milk and bring this to a boil.
7. To serve, place boiled noodles in individual serving bowls and add the chicken, spring onions, cucumber, chopped fresh coriander and mint.
8. Pour the hot soup over, fix half a lemon on the rim of the bowl and serve immediately.