Raw rice (Idly rice) 500 gm
Black gram 175 gm
Fenugreek seeds 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Minced Chicken 200 gms
Fresh green peas 50 gms
Onion finely chopped 2 nos
Tomato finely chopped 2 nos
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
Chilli powder 2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Fennel 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves a few
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tbsp
1. Wash rice and black gram. Soak both rice and black gram and fenugreek seeds seperately for atleast 2 hours.
2. Grind black gram along with fenugreek seeds in a wet grinder in to a fine paste by adding water in between when it thickens. It will take atleast 30 to 45 mins for grinding into a smooth paste. Transfer into a big vessel.
3. Now grind raw rice into a paste but not too smooth as black gram. Takes 15 minutes to grind. Add salt before 5 minutes.
4. Now mix both the batters into the same big vessel.
5. Allow batter to ferment atleast for 12 hours.
6. Cut Paneer into small triangles and keep aside.
7. Wash minced chicken in cold water. Add some salt, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste and keep aside.
8. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai. Add fennel, chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and fry in a medium fire till the raw smell goes off.
9. Add chopped tomato, curry leaves and salt. Fry in a slow fire till the tomatoes get smashed well.
10. Add the minced chicken and continue frying in a slow fire.
11. Once the minced chicken is half cooked, add fresh green peas, chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.Add required amount of water.
12. Remove from heat once the chicken is tender and oil comes out separately.
13. Heat a dosa tava (cast iron tava) and brush it lightly with oil. When hot, pour a ladel full of batter, spread using a circular motion to make a thick dosa.
14. Put required spicy chicken kheema stuffing on the top and press it slightly so half of kheema goes inside batter.
15. Pour oil on the edges and cook on both sides in a slow fire. Remove once kheema is cooked well.
16. Serve hot with mutton curry.