Andhra Style Chilly Chicken
1 medium Chicken
Salt to taste
4 tbsp Lemon juice
2” piece Ginger
7 cloves Garlic
10 Curry leaves
10 Whole dry red chilies
2 tbsp Rice
½ cup Yogurt
¼ cup Oil
¼ cup Refined flour (maida)
2 tbsp Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1. Cut chicken into four pieces - two legs and two breasts.
2. Make four to five half-inch deep slits on the chicken pieces. Apply salt and two tablespoons of lemon juice and keep aside.
3. Grind ginger, garlic, curry leaves, whole red chilies and rice to a smooth paste with the remaining lemon juice.
4. Add this paste to yogurt and whisk well to a smooth consistency.
5. Add salt to taste. Apply this yogurt mixture liberally on the chicken pieces and leave to marinate for four to six hours, preferably in the refrigerator.
6. Heat oil in a pan, roll the marinated chicken in refined flour, shake off the excess flour and shallow fry.
7. Cook for one minute, turn over the chicken pieces and cook for another minute.
8. Reduce heat and cook for five to six minutes, turning the chicken pieces frequently for uniform cooking. Remove and drain.
9. Transfer the chicken to a shallow pan and keep on medium heat.
10. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves, two tablespoons water and cover with a fitting lid.
11. Reduce heat and cook for five minutes on low heat or until the chicken is completely cooked. Serve hot.