500 gm Chicken Drumsticks
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
100gm green chili paste
50 ml lemon juice
Salt to taste
100 ml cooking oil
1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
2 medium onions
1 ½ tsp coriander powder
2 tsp crushed pepper
A bunch of fresh coriander leaves
1. Peel onions and chop. Chop the coriander leaves. Marinate the chicken drumsticks with turmeric, ginger paste, garlic paste, and green chili paste, salt and lemon juice.
2. In a heavy based pot, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When the cumin crackles, add in the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
3. Add the curry leaves, coriander powder and crushed pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes and add in the marinated chicken.
4. Sear on high flame, then reduce heat and cook for another 15 minutes - stirring occasionally.
5. Sprinkle in the chopped coriander leaves and cook for 2 minutes. Before serving garnish with more crushed pepper and coriander leaves.